Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Random Post-Vacation, Pre-HP7 Post

And yet again, I am shamed by my utter and complete lack of skill with the English language. The GFY gals have pulled another literary gem from their collective bag of cultural couture criticism with this beaut: "The flame of my hate candles..."

WHERE do they get this? Am I just not reading enough of the right stuff? Is it too much nonfiction history of the world via some specific subject Mark Kurlansky inspired kinda stuff? Do I need more Jane Austen? Is that it? I'm Austen-deficient and so will never really be lyrical, right? I was the lame English major who thought that nonfiction was more interesting but could never really embrace journalism.

Okay, so vacation was nice. Good to spend time staying up late talking with my husband. I really, really missed just sitting and talking with him. And yes, we did more than talk, I mean, I'm not that boring.

Here are the top ten chunky nuggets of vacation fun:
1 fabulous beach
2 bored but adorable lifeguards I've known since they were about four years old
3 delightful women in the prime of their lives
4 tuna sandwiches
5 bottles of Trimbach Pinot Gri
6 bags of recyclables to bring home to Cantabridgia
7 weeks of summer left to enjoy
8 tomatoes from the Cape Ann Farmer's Market
9 stripers caught and released
10 hours of the densest fog I've ever seen

And that's plenty, I think.

No comments: