Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The One Ring

Okay, so I admit it. When I first became engaged to Husband, I referred to the ring he gave me as The Eye of Sauron. But, in all honesty, it did look like that giant, red pulsing eye poised between the two pillars at the top of the Tower of Mordor.

But we had it reset.

And I fell in love with it.

Which brings me to yesterday, one day after my second wedding anniversary.

I managed to accidentally flush my beloved, custom, Daniel Spirer-made engagement ring down the industrial strength toilet at work. (I'm not making this up.)

It used to be on my hand, covered with memories. Now it's in a sewage pipe, covered with poo.

I am so devastated. I spent most of yesterday crying. Today, I'm just tired and angry with myself and really sad.

The One Ring has returned to Mordor.

No comments: