Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pardon Me, Your Chlorophyll Is Showing!

Hello and welcome to fall, or as we say here in Nouvelle Anglais, "Leaf-Peeping Season". Frankly, I've always hated that turn of phrase, because let's be honest: It sounds vaguely naughty and not in a good way.

However, the foliage is on fire this year, as evidenced by the long journey to and from Montreal for D&M's wedding (Best. Wedding. Ever.) The happy couple are vacationing in the Quebec lakes country and I hope they have une marvelluise lune de miel. And to all the Fabulous Boys I met at the wedding: MWAH! Big kisses from Beantown.

But I digress.

It's 10 Items of Flotsam Day
1. Totally agree with T&Lo. This was craptastic. I'm not sure I'll tune in next year. However, in the meantime, check this out for a chuckle.
2. IRA loss count: $11 grand...and rising.
3. Opinion about the so-called "bailout": Unchanged. It still sucks.
4. The Hotel Nelligan rules!
5. Parents' trip to Grand Canyon and Vegas: Successful. They both came back alive.
6. I snored at work. No really. I did.
7. Niece and Nephew #1 are 22 as of yesterday. I feel old.
8. Dinner: Chicken parm or mushroom pasta with broccoli rabe?
9. The Cole Haan ballerina flats are going back. No one my size needs short-looking feet.
10. And now, a poem from Ogden Nash

A DRINK WITH SOMETHING IN IT
by Ogden Nash

There is something about a Martini,
A tingle remarkably pleasant;
A yellow, a mellow Martini;
I wish I had one at present.
There is something about a Martini,
Ere the dining and dancing begin,
And to tell you the truth,
It's not the vermouth--
I think that perhaps it's the gin.

No comments: